Monday, August 31, 2009

Home from funeral

I made it home on Saturday afternoon, it was a heartbreaking, exhausting week, so getting home was good.
We still do not know for sure what Becky died from, and most likely will not know for 4 to 8 weeks when toxicology comes back, we think it was either complications from the weight loss drug she was on, or from her sleep apnea.
It was a very had week, I got a much better feeling for her life as I played mediator between her kids and her husband, a job she always took on, there was so much miscommunication and misunderstanding going on, after the kids came to me upset I agreed to talk to Karl and from there we had a couple "family meetings" to try and get everyone's feeling out and put some unease and questions to rest. I hope now they will all be able to go on and communicate with each other and have a close family relationship.
I spent a lot of time with her Mom who of course wanted someone to vent to and to talk about Becky to.
They funeral was very nice, Kyle her 6 year old just broke my heart, he was trying so hard to be brave and comfort everyone, at one point I was standing next to the casket with my hand on Becky's and Kyle came up and put his hand on mine and said it is going to be okay, then he sat on my lap at one point and told me how his mommy had gone to Heaven to take care of his sister Kandace (she died as a baby) and how she would always be in our hearts, and would look down on us and watch over us.
I spoke at the funeral, that was hard, but I had long ago promised her I would if she went before me.
I was so proud of all the kids, they really pulled together to help each other through this difficult time, their Mom would have been proud of them.

1 comment:

  1. How neat that you were able to be a part of something that will be remembered by her family forever, and also by you. What good memories you must have of her and your times together. Helping her family the way you did is really compassionate of you. I hope you feel a little better about things, now.

    ReplyDelete