Thursday, August 20, 2009

crazy couple weeks

It has been so busy the last couple weeks, first we were moving into the new house, getting kids ready for school to start, Richard had combat training, and I am in the middle of American Eagle training. All last week was ground training on top of our shifts, so it was tons of hours, this week and next week have been ticketing/counter/computer training. The week started off with me up until 230am trying to get pre training computer classes done, back up at 5 to finish them just in time to run out the door to class (this was also the first day of school) the rest of the week has not gotten much better, there are shifts to work, 8 hours of training classes a day and 2 to 3 hours of homework once I get home. I am no longer even retaining any of the information, so i am a bit worried about the test tomorrow! The American grand opening and first flight is Monday and we still have ongoing training so should be interesting, I suppose it will be all worth it once we are trained and running smoothly.
As I said Richard was in combat training this week, one day he had to give and receive IV's, I expected him to come home all bruised but he did not look to bad. They also had simulated combat and life saving, it has been awhile since he has done this so it was an experience to say the least.
We are somewhat settled into the new house, there is still a lot to unpack and put away since neither of us have had much time, but it is coming together slowly.
Levi and Staci started school here on Monday, we had a little trouble with Levi's schedule at first but once we reminded them he has a IEP they got it fixed. Staci changed schools to one here on Post, she likes it so far and it is just at the end of the road so that is nice.
Cheyenne decided she wanted to go to school in Grand Junction (Colorado) with her Dad, she still has friends there from when they lived there so she started school there on Wed. she turned 13 on Sunday, I just don't know where time goes, seems like she should still be little! I hate that my kids are growing up so fast I wish I could figure out how to freeze time.
Anyhow that is our quick update, I am so burned out by the time I get home and get homework done I can barely get myself to look at the computer these days, but only one week left and with any luck things will get back to normal, in the meantime the overtime will be nice on payday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - things sound a bit hectic!! Hope it all settles down soon. I am sure you'll do great on your test. I didn't realize Steve lived in Colorado, for some reason I thought he was back in Utah up by Logan. At least the kids still have their connection friends there. I am not looking forward to school starting. I just so enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those IEP's are invaluable. We bave one for Jared and he starts Kindergarten on Monday. I wanted to hold him back one more year because he just turned 5 in July but was told if we wait he will loose his IEP. I hope things get better once school starts.

    ReplyDelete