Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day out with the Army

We went on an "outing" with Richards battalion yesterday, they took us to Wichita where we were feed a steak dinner by the American Beef Battalion, who's goal is to feed all the troops, so far they have feed about 10 thou so pretty impressive it is all done by volunteers and donations. We had great home grown steaks, like I grew up on so it was a special treat for me! Afterwards we wandered around the cow town museum, then went to a bull ride and then to a concert, all this was provided by the Army so it was a fun "cheap" day out. This is a 1800's bowling lane, I did not even know they had bowing back then.
Richard at the petting zoo they had set up

I have always loved minature horses, and intend to buy some once we are out of the Army and settled some place, this little guy was adorable, loved me, not so much Richard, he just tried petting him and he started kicking and running around, funny since most animals love him, but he always says he and horses do not get along, guess he was serious.


Sweet horse on the farm where we were fed, Richard opted to stay back and take pictures, I wanted to jump up and go for a ride.




Richard inside the old train station



Me getting ready for a stage coach ride in old "cow town"






Richard with Country singer and song writer Randy Houser, he put on a private show for the battalion after we ate, then we all went to his concert after the bull ride competition. He put on a good show, we enjoyed ourselves. The only down side to the day was we left at 930 am, they bussed us there, after we had done everything and gotten all the way home it was 2am and I had to work this morning at 6, so was a short night for me, luckily today is my split shift, I open and then go back and close so got to come home and take a nap.





1 comment:

  1. How fun!! I love steak!! Wish we could afford it more. Dad doesn't raise cows anymore. That sounds like a really fun day. I am glad people still go out of their way to make the military feel welcome and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete