Friday, May 15, 2009

Ready to deliver

We are finally ready to make Cheyenne's first delivery on her quilts for the wounded warriors up on Post, between the two of us we have five done, including the first one she did, we have two more ready to tie or quilt, but will not have time to do that for a few days. This is the last one we finished, it was a new "pinwheel" pattern I wanted to try, I like how it turned out.
This is the reverse of the first one she did

This one is made from actual desert ACU's worn in Iraq right now, I left the patches on them, this one I had to do since you have to cut the clothes apart and it is hard to keep it straight, but I think she is getting ready to be able to cut and piece some easier ones, so we will work on that.



This one is made from equipment covers Richard had when he was in Desert Storm, you can see the desert camouflage they wear has changed, but not much.


1 comment:

  1. wow you have done a lot of work on them. They are beautiful. I am sure the soldiers will really appreciate them. How neat to be welcomed home under tragic circumstances with such a nice gesture of caring and appreciation. This is a great project. I need to get Makae involved in a good project, unfortunately, quilting isn't in my repertoire!

    ReplyDelete