Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Some of my favorites

AS you know Cheyenne and I have been busy making the quilts for her projects, in trying to decide what types to make I have been going back though the pictures of some of my favorite ones I have made in the past, and decided to post pictures of a few of them.
The first one is the one I made to go on the bed in Krissy's room when she came to live with us in Durango, the next is one of the Army ones I did this year for Christmas gifts, next is the jean quilt I made for one of Stevie;s friends, he gave me all his old jeans and I cut them into a quilt, next are some of the Marine ones I did for my brothers family this year for Christmas, the next one is one of my very favorites, it is the POW/MIA quilt made in memory of my friend Dianne's dad who is a POW from Vietnam, presumed dead and his remains have never been returned, the next one took me almost 6 months to make it is all cut pieced and hand quilted it was a wedding gift for one of my dearest friends sons when he got married and last is the girls version of the Denver Broncos done for the baby of a Sergeant that worked for Richard in Durango who was obsessed with the Broncos.
Cheyenne and I have 3 of hers done now, once ready to .sew up and and material bought for three more after that, she should be ready to make her first delivery next week

1 comment:

  1. I love the star quilt. It is so beautiful! I wish I was talented in that way!! I can tie a quilt but don't ask me to actually quilt ;>

    ReplyDelete