Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wizard of Oz

The girls and I had an outing today, we went out to see the Wizard of Oz museum, I have wanted to go since we moved here and just never got there, so today we did. It was pretty cute, lots of memorabilia from the movie, I learned that in the books Dorthy's "ruby slippers" were silver, when they made the movie technicolor had just come out and they thought they would look better in red. We had lunch after and then took a scenic drive home, stopped at an old school built in the 1800's and at a spot on the Mormon trail where the pioneers passed by on their way to Utah, it is still marked with an original wood sign (you can barely read anymore) and they have an old wagon there.









2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about the ruby slippers. That is pretty interesting. Girls days out are so fun. Course you get three and I get 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool! And yeah, I didn't know that about the ruby slippers either, but that was a really cool added touch! :)

    ReplyDelete