Sunday, March 8, 2009

Off Again

Well it looks like I am flying to Denver on Wed. for work, I think I spend more time in Denver since I moved to Kansas then I did when I lived in Colorado. Once I get home from there I have to get ready to go back to Colorado (Durango) for a couple days, then home again for a few days then Richard and I leave for Oregon, we are taking our mini honeymoon in his hometown and attending a baby shower for our soon to be new great nephew, I will also get to meet my new sister in law finally so that will be fun. We had intended to look at reception sites while we were there but now it seems we may be having the reception in Texas at his brothers place instead. His sister is in the process of moving there so she will not be in Oregon in Aug. and she was the one helping us plan it all so it makes sense to move it. His brother bought a nice new house and good size piece of property when they moved from California to Texas so it sounds like that might work out well. Looks like I need to plan a trip to Texas now to look at the property and see for sure what I need to get ready, thank goodness for my free or discounted flight benefits at work they have sure come in handy lately!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So how did you get on with the airlines in this down economy? I need to look for a part time job now all my kids are in school. Sounds like all your traveling will be fun if hectic. Shawn travels a lot. He is off to Paris for two-three weeks on Saturday. I don't like the long trips like this one, but luckily they don't happen too often. I am not sure I could be a soldiers wife. That would be so hard. Watching my sister-in-law do it, convinced me I really don't want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of just fell into this job, I was looking to see what there was when I knew I was moving and put in for it, our airline is small and set up to fly into the rual areas so we are goverment subsidized, therefore we are about the only airline not loosing money right now. The benefits make it really nice, and there is a lot of down time at work so I can study or whatever so it works out well.
    I understand your sister in law just lived through a deployment bless her heart that is hard, I have been lucky so far Richards time away has never been more than a month when we were first together, he was in Desert Storm but that was before he knew me, and so far it does not look like he will deploy this time, although that could change, it is amazing what you can live through when you have to.

    ReplyDelete