Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cake for dinner

I have decided I can eat cake for dinner for a week if I want since I am convinced I burned enough calories yesterday to last me at least that long! I worked for Cari and since it is Spring break we are short staffed, so it was just Chris and I, the afternoon started with us checking in for two flights, no problem, but then one flight called in as we were trying to get ready for them the second flight called in early so while I tried to get the last few people checked in Chris brought in the first plane, got the people off and un loaded the bags, as I headed out to load the bags the next plane landed so I had to run to bring it in, then get the people off and into the building, since both the truck and the cart we use to load and unload bags were being used I was trying to reached gate checked bags in the back from the ground, I am only 5 3 so I do not reach well! Finally I was able to run get the cart to unload the rest of the bags while Chris got the new people on the first flight, then I had to unload both planes worth of luggage run back get the new luggage out to the plane, make sure everyone got on and was ready to go, now we are supposed to turn a plane in 10 minutes, meaning from the time it lands to the time it takes back off, we have 10 minutes to load and unload people and luggage, amazingly with just having two of us we made it! (there would be 3 to 4 of us for that shift usually) after we finished all that we still had to run in and release lost luggage that had come in, pull un claimed luggage from the belt, take luggage claims from people and get our times into the computer before dispatch calls to find out why they are not in!!!! I work at night usually so I have lots of down time that they do not have during the afternoons, I have more computer work on my shifts and often work the shift alone while there is more outside work on the afternoon shift and it takes more people, so while I like them both it is different and I sure get a good work out!
I leave for Colorado for a few days this afternoon so I will have a bit of a break, I am looking forward to it as I have been working as many extra shifts as I can the last two weeks to cover other peoples vacations and to make some extra money for our trip to Oregon next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that does seem like a lot of work. However, ice cream would be better than cake! Have fun in Denver.

    ReplyDelete