Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Priceless

Staci tells me yesterday that she is writing a paper for extra credit in school (she loves to write) and the paper is supposed to be on ways people can save money, so she asked me for some ideas and told me the ones she had, she had the normal things like turn off the lights when your not in the room, clip coupons, shop sales ect.  after we talked about it for awhile she went to think of some other things and then to type her paper up, when she was done she brought it and asked me to "proof read" it, again she touched on all the normal ideas and even exlained why these were good ideas, but then almost to the end of the paper she said....and a very important thing people can do it take pride in their work and do their job well so they don;t make their boss mad or get fired and then they will still have a job and money to save.
I guess she had overheard me complaining about so many people not taking responsibility and having no work ethic these days, and she took it to heart, I told her I though that was the best money saving idea I had ever heard...it was one of those priceless moments that as a mother I just love.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great when kids get something you say, or do?!! There are those moments when you just say - YES - it got through!!! How exciting for her to learn such a great lesson while she is still young!

    ReplyDelete