Monday, January 11, 2010

Gotta love free

I love to find a bargin, in fact one of my brother in laws once told his wife that he has never seen anyone who could seek out and find a bargin where you would never think there was one, well I have to disagree on that I learned it from my Mom it helped conteract my terribly expensive tastes after I had kids and could not just spend whatever I wanted to, my sister shops the same way and I am teaching my girls as well.
A couple days ago Stevie and I stopped at one of the little stores on post to look for some work pants for Daniel, we did not find any but right out front was a double stroller fairly new (last years cute green and brown colors) with a free sign on it, told Stevie grab that up you cannot beat free!!!! we brought it home it is in perfect shape and I figure just saved us a ton of money from having to buy a new one.
Living on Post is nice as there is always a supply of free stuff when people move and they either don't want to take it or it did not sell at their yard sale they set it on the side of the road for someone to claim (we do the same with stuff we are done with) we have gotten a couple shelves and a couch for Stevie for when she moves out that way.

3 comments:

  1. That is great. We got our crib for free, and most of the kids furniture is either free or refinished by dad. Things like that make a big difference. Dad is great bargain hunter. I think they all learned it from their parents who went through the depression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I've gotten so many free things from the resource center for foster parents that would have cost me a fortune. Now that we are no longer fostering, we have been giving everything to the YCC because the women there can get it for free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's totally awesome. I use Freecycle and Craigslist to find things, or I will keep my eyes open when hitting yard sales and such, sometimes the most perfect thing is right there for FREE, just waiting to be brought home. :)

    ReplyDelete