Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas

We had snow for several days before Christmas this year, and more on the ground then they say is usual, I enjoy a white Christmas so I was happy.


Here is early Christmas morning after Santa came before the kids got up.


Sienna was up at 230am to tell me Santa had come, I got her to lay in bed with me until Richard got home from flag duty and then we all got up to see what Santa had left.

Here are the kids getting into their socks

Levi playing with his new sword, yes it is real he has it hung on his wall, told him he needs to be careful pulling it out with people close by.

Staci was thrilled with her gifts,especially the TRIPP skinny jeans she wanted so bad

Sienna loved all her stuff and was especially thrilled to see she got the castle she had been asking for.
Cheyenne wanted and got mostly clothes, she is at that age when clothes become cool gifts.
We had a really nice day, I only had to go into work long enough to rebook a canceled flight and was home in time to finish getting dinner ready.  I very much enjoyed spending the day with my kids, we played some of the new games Santa left for everyone to share.
Richard was sweet and surprised me with a new sewing machine, my old one had not been working right and we had not found the parts so I had a stack of quilts that I could not finish, now if I ever get some spare time I can finish them.  Stevie Daniel and Sienna gave me perfume and a gift certificate to Pennys so I can go shopping, Levi Cheyenne and Staci got me a watch and Staci wrote me a Christmas story that was so sweet.  My Mom sent lots of little stuff among them a fairy doll I had admired while we were in Georgia,she snuck back and bought.  Bonnie sent us money to do what we wanted with so Richard and I are going to have a "grown up" go out to dinner. My brother Ty and his wife had our name for Christmas this year and sent us a lovely celtic cross from Ireland, it is like the ones I saw all over Scotland and he says are all over Ireland as well, it is very pretty and goes so nice on our shelf.  It really was a nice relazing day, I miss being closer to family during the Holidays, but I was able to talk to lots of them on the phone so that is the next best thing I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and the kids both had great days. I love family days and holidays always turn into that for us. Even if ours was far from relaxing, running to 3 different houses, we still really enjoyed the day. I'll have to finish posting ours if I can get Shawn to download the camera. (I probably could do that if I really wanted to, but it is so much easier, it just being his job!)

    ReplyDelete