Monday, July 20, 2009

I love my job....I think

Okay so it is 1241 am, I am at work anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 1006pm flight, major delay,(it is expected here at aprx. 145am) I have been here since 3 I am tired I am here all alone and I am trying to convince myself that I love my job.
So here are the Pro's and Con's I have come up with in the several hours I have been waiting.

PROS
flexible schedule
FREE OR VERY DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS
lots of down time I can use to study while being paid
FREE OR VERY DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS
no gym fees as I get a good workout lifting bags
FREE OR VERY DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS
I work with some pretty great people
FREE OR VERY DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS
Grateful passengers when I find/deliver their bags, get them on a flight, etc.
FREE OR VERY DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS
seeing happy military families when their Dad/husband/child gets off the plane home for leave
FREE OR VERY DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS
if I need to I can bring the kids with me to work

FREE OR VERY DISCOUNTED FLIGHTS

it is a constant learning experience running three or is it four now computer systems.



CONS
crazy shifts
LOTS of delays
bags are heavy
very low pay
half my job is outside and the weather is extreme here
nasty mean disgruntled passengers who are sure it is ALL MY FAULT, their bags are lost, plane is late, they did not bring their tickets etc.
seeing the sad military families when their Dad/Husband/Child leaves to go back to Iraq
Trying to keep up on all the computer systems, FAA and TSA rules.

Well I guess the Pro's out weigh the cons, though as you can plainly see I am sure the biggest reason I work this job is the flight benefits, the amount of money we have saved just in flights alone adds up, and being able to study here at night when it is quiet and there is nothing else to take my attention is a bonus, so I guess for now I will "suck it up" get my second wind, hope the plane gets here soon and come back and do it again tomorrow...oh yea thats right tomorrow is now today!!!!!







3 comments:

  1. Free or discounted flights make a MAJOR difference. Hope the flight got in at 1:45 and you got to sleep in till 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free or discounted flights would be pretty sweet!! I'd love to have that since I live far from my family and friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say in this day and age it's great to even have a job. And on top of that you do get free or discounted flights. I would love that. I'm the only one of the girls that hasn't been back to see Cole. I'm just glad you can use your free or discounted flight's to come here Saturday for the family reunion:)

    ReplyDelete