Friday, July 3, 2009

Here are some pictures from our trip to see General Custers house and the cavalry museum (both located on Fort Riley) here are Staci and Cheyenne by the original hitching post outside the home. Up until the 1970's people still lived in the home, now it is set back up as it was when he resided there.
Rich and I on the front porch
one of the bedrooms, I just love the rocking horse and baby pram.
Inside the Cavalry museum, this is the first American flag flown in Japan after they surrendered
a original gatling gun, I had never seen one up close before.

2 comments:

  1. I love museums. Wish my kids did as well. Oh Well, they will in time. I was up to Mom and Dad's o the third and saw a whole lot of people at Uncle Don's. He dropped by later to see dad (he just had a hip replacement this week) and Marge told us about your family all coming up for the evening and a weenie roast. We really should combine those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so totally be thrilled if I could ever take a trip with my kids and see stuff like that. My family and I travelled a lot when I was a kid, we were known for going to National Parks, Museums, etc. along the way. THose are my favorite memories growing up, taking vacations and taking time to see things like that!
    :)

    ReplyDelete