Monday, February 16, 2009

Term papers

I wrote two term papers back in September and unfortunately the school did not receive them, AND of course I did them on my work computer, since I no longer work there that was a problem! Luckily for me I had printed and saved a paper copy so I spent most of Saturday typing them into my computer, since the school now allows us to upload and send papers in that way! Those papers were easy one was done on suicide within the military and our veterans, that was easy to write though disturbing after working for the VA and seeing first hand suicide attempts and one that succeeded. The next was on ADHD in children, that one took almost no time to write after all the research I did when we had Krissy living with us. After completing those I had to set to work on the newest paper I had to write, this one was a bit harder, it was on the fundamental attribution error, group influence and deindividuation, all concepts I completely understand, but it was supposed to be set around a sports event, I do not do sports, I have little to no understanding of sports, the closest I come to watching them is reading a book while Richard has football on the TV, so needless to say it took some hard work, lots of research and writing and rewriting but it is done and now I can start studying for finals!
Richard bless his heart is on leave so he took over all most everything while I holed up to study, he feed the kids, they all cleaned the house (except laundry that I prefer he not do!) went to the grocery store and checked in on me often to see if I needed coffee or snacks. All I had to do was go to work and try and make sure I spent at least some quality time with him and the kids. I felt a bit guilty so he did get a back massage as thanks, but then he did mine so I guess I still owe him!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Edi! Just popping over to show some love from one Army wife to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you getting your degree in? Tell Richard I will take him. Shawn is good at keeping the kids out of my hair, but that doesn't mean they get fed or that things remain clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting my degree in psychology, Richard is good to help I feel guilty sometimes when he is doing so much, I joke and tell him I will soon be wearing my tiara everyday I could get used to being treated like a "queen" as he puts it.

    ReplyDelete