Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home from the ER

I decided to go to the hospital last night, just because I thought I might have pneumonia, the pain in my chest was not the same as I usually get and my left shoulder was really hurting, so to be safe we went. I checked in, my pulse ox was 99% so really good for having my lungs hurting, but my blood pressure which is always really low was very high, so anyway they sent me off for a chest x-ray, it came back okay so they thought my shoulder pain was from a pulled muscle and were not really sure what was up with my chest, they gave me tylenol, an anti inflammatory and baby aspirin, to be safe they did blood work, when it came back it showed I might have a blood clot in my lungs so they sent me for a cat scan, brought me back gave me some morphine and we waited some more, when they finally got the results of that it said I most likely do not have a blood clot, but showed I might have some sort of fibroid or tumor on my right side, not surprising as I have had them before, part of the reason I had a hysterectomy last year, so they let me go home and said I have to call to make an appointment for a ultra sound. We were in the hospital for 6 hours and 3 minutes, and really we still do not know what is going on for sure. but I guess I do not have pneumonia which was my origianl concern.

1 comment:

  1. don't you love how they can tell you what it isn't, but they just give you a list of what it might be. I think it is a scam so they get more money for more tests;> Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete