Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cheyenne's essay


Cheyenne wrote the following essay for school about her Grandpa, makes me cry every time I read it.

Grandpa Who...

Grandpa who loved his family more than anything. He cared what was going on in our lives.

Grandpa who meant so much to me and my sister. Grandpa who looked so strong before. Who looked so fragile and frail when he couldn't even sit up.

Grandpa sleeps forever in peace and will never get sick again.

Grandpa who chased away the nightmares lurking under the bed. Who made me feel better when everything went wrong. Grandpa who smelled of aftershave and oil. Who spent so much time outside or in the garage working on some project or his car.

Grandpa who I could tell anything to. Who made Christmas or any other holiday a big deal.

Grandpa is waiting for his family but whispers in my ear to take our time. Who's tears are the rain that falls from the sky when we are sad, but when I am sad I remember that he would not want me to be.

Grandpa who's song has ended but who's melody will forever live on in our hearts and who we will someday be with again.

Cheyenne Jones 2009

2 comments:

  1. She is very talented. I love the pictures it evokes. Very nicely done. Sorry she misses her grandpa.

    ReplyDelete