Thursday, September 10, 2009

more from Utah

when I was home the last time my Mom took a day and took the girls and I to this lovely English tea shop for lunch, it is located in Ogden on Grant between 24 and 25, it is a tiny little place that is just darling, it is very much like being in England for tea. they have nice sandwiches and salads, great pastries and deserts. They keep hats and party dresses for little girls to come for birthday parties, it was just as sweet as could be. Here is Stevie and I having our "high tea"
Sienna on one of the sitting areas they have.
After that we drove down Grant past the house we lived in when I was little (until I turned 7) there was a main house and four smaller houses behind, my Great Grandparents owned them back then and the main house is where my Grandpa grew up, then when he was married and my Mom was young they lived in one of the houses in the back, this is the same house I lived in as a child and my Uncle Charlie and Aunt Gloria lived in the main house up front, I have many memories of playing with my cousins when we lived there, my cousin Kristanne and I spent almost all our time together when we were young and living there.

I have driven by the houses over the years but this is the first time I have gotten out and walked around, I was amazed at how much smaller it seemed now. Above is the house that I lived in, it was white back then, my brother fell off this front porch and had to have stiches, it seemed like the porch was so much higher back then.


This is the main house where Grandpa grew up and my cousins lived when we were young.



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing to go back and see things. Lill and I went and walked around about a year ago, it was all for rent then, and it seemed like everything was so much bigger when I was big. We looked through windows and shared memories. It is amazing what I remember of it since I was all of 8 when we moved. I have good memories of living there, even if it was ghetto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I though your house was bigger. Of course everything was bigger to a 6 year old. Thanks for posting those pics. I don't think I even have a picture of the old house. I don't remember much from there though.

    ReplyDelete