Monday, January 21, 2013

Sock Monkey quilt

Stevie decided she wanted to do this babies layette in sock monkey's.  When I started looking for material to make her quilt I was not able to find any locally, I did find some on line but it was pretty expensive. 
While I was thinking about how I wanted to design the quilt I got the idea to do an applique quilt, I looked up some pictures of sock monkey's and drew up a pattern, I bought some bright material that I thought was fun.  It is hard to see from the picture but the material around the side is colored monkeys.
This quilt  came together pretty fast, and I quilted it on my new frames that Richard just made me.  I like the way it turned out.
I put the babies name on it, because Stevie really liked the one I did for Conner that had his name on it. 
Her name will be Layci Dawn, Stevie went back and forth on what she wanted to name her, I guess Layci was what she and Daniel could agree on, Staci is thrilled she says she will have a niece named after her.  Layci has grown on me, I suggested Dawn as a middle name and she agreed, that is my Mom's middle name and Grandpa's name so Stevie liked that.
I am designing a owl quilt now for my nieces baby, I think that will be fun as well.

1 comment:

  1. your quilts are beautiful. You do a really nice job. Your children and grandchildren will cherish these for years to come. BTW I like flowers. ;>

    ReplyDelete