Friday, February 19, 2010

What to do???

so my company that told us they were staying on up and changed their minds and announced a couple days ago that our last flight will be April 7th, well needless to say I was pretty unhappy but figured ok that is the way it goes, I figured I would take my severence package and then figure out what to do next.  Then the new Eagle GM caught me in the parking lot and asked if I would stop in and talk to him, turns out my boss now gave him a raving review on me told him I was the best employee they have (that was nice to hear) and now he is asking me to please take a supervisor position with Eagle, I had not been to thrilled with the whole American Eagle experience so going to work for them had not been in my plans, but he made a good pitch, offered some things I like... a four day work week with nights off for one, continued flight benefits that I really like, so I told him I would fill out the paperwork and then we could talk more, so far I have seen him be able to make some much needed changes that none of us had been able to get prior to now, so it may work out.  We have not talked money yet, I do know they start at less than I make but since I do not need medical benefits I may be able to negotiate some.
I really do need to be home with my kids more, and feel like I am spending quality time with my family so the hours would be nice, I don't know we will see, I figure options are good, time will tell how it all works out.

1 comment:

  1. How nice to be so valued an employee that they offer you a job. Not heard of these days! That is really a compliment. I agree it is nice to have time with family. It gets to be really important, especially in the teen years - they may know it all, but they still need you around to let you know they know it all! ;> Hope it all works out well.

    ReplyDelete