Thursday, October 8, 2009

Volunteering for the FRG

I recently agreed to be the co-leader for Richards Company/Battery (they are still deciding which we are) FRG (family readiness group), we are a brand new company,literally just starting up, so it has been a crazy few weeks, filled with classes, meetings, planing committees etc. it has been fun and now as we are getting more volunteers and planning some fun fund raising and family activities I am glad I agreed to take on the position. Maureen and I (the other leader) have had the opportunity to get to know the Company Captain and Lieutenants better, get a feel for their mission and hopefully some training that will allow us to help fellow family members prepair and survive the company's upcoming deployment a little easier.
When I first agreed to do this, I was a bit worried that I just would not have the time with work, school, kids and so on, but so far it has worked out well. I have always been such a huge supporter of our military/veterans, and have put together many fund raisers to help them, that this turned out to be perfect for me. I like this type of thing and I feel good attempting to do my part to support our nations heros.

2 comments:

  1. You are so good to do that, and good at it. I know my Sister in law really appreciated that people who did that for Dirks group. THey not helped the soldiers, they really helped her while he was gone. With a new baby and a little 18 month old, they made sure she was taken care of, and made sure the house was taken care of while he was gone. It was a big HELP for her, and it really helped Dirk, as he wasn't worried about this little things (which are really big) while he was deployed.

    You are always doing kind things like this. Your kids have a great Mom who leads by example and not just words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so aweosme, I wish I'd have had time to do all that during this deployment... But our FRG for hubby's unit is practically non-existant. :-/

    ReplyDelete