Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good luck to my friend


Every once in awhile someone comes into our lives and changes us. My friend Tyler did just that. Today I have been reflecting on our friendship, and realizing how very lucky I am to have a friend like him.
He started out as my boss at the airline, and then became one of my dearest friends. He took a promotion and moved to Denver, but came back to help us every chance he got, his managment style reminded me of myself and the way I ran things when I was still doing that, and I think that may have been part of why I liked him so much, as time went on and I got to know him better it became more than that, I came to see what a wonderful giving person he is and what an important part he plays in my life.
When I got the call that my friend Becky had died, Tyler was right there, and he took over and made all my arrangments, got me home, called me daily to check on me and made that difficult time a bit easier, he was my friend, he listened to me cry, helped me come to terms with things, and became my rock when my world was falling apart. I do not think many of us can say we have a boss who does that.
Today was his last day with us at the airport, he is headed back to Denver to his regular job, and while I know we will see him from time to time as he comes to the station for training I can't help but think how different things will be without him. I will miss seeing him everday, knowing he will be there when I get to work, he is my friend and I know we will stay in touch, our lives are connected by more than work now, but it is still a sad day knowing he is leaving.

2 comments:

  1. I wish him the best. It is hard when a great friend moves on. You miss them terrible. Having a boss like that is wonderful. shawn had a boss like that. He retired over a year ago. It is too bad. I hope your new boss works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to him! *HUGS*

    I am changing my blog to private, if you'd like to read it, please send me your email address at: persephone2182@yahoo.com, and I'll invite you! :)

    ReplyDelete