Friday, July 6, 2012

Girls Day

I am lucky during the summer if I go into work early or stay late to make sure all my billable notes are done I can take off after half a day on Friday.  I try to take that afternoon and do something fun with the girls, today we decided to go check out some of the fun boutiques and consignment shops here.


We started off at a great boutique everyone had been telling me about, it is quite large but crammed full of all kinds of great stuff, antiques, clothes, shoes, accessories, jewelery, they have it all, and they give all their shoppers pink cotton candy (I don't like cotton candy but the girls did.)
We had fun window shopping there, it is a special occasion store for sure, one you would go to for a special gift, I thought a bit expensive for everyday shopping.
We hit the perfect shopping day at our second consignment stop, a section of stuff originally marked down to 1.00 but today it was 5 for 1.00, I got these super cute ballet flats
and the girls picked out an aborcrombie shirt, some earrings, a wallet, and something? for our 1.00, I love that each item was 20cents!!! we found some other cute shirts fairly inexpensive as well, so we were happy.
We made our way to a couple of the new/used book stores after, I am lucky my kids all love to read, I can hardly keep the girls in books, we found some good deals on some books to keep us going for summer and then headed off to our favorite coffee/smoothie shop.  They were closed so instead we bought our own fruit and ice cream and made our own super yummy smoothies at home.
It was a really fun day just hanging out with the girls and the whole afternoon cost me less than 30.00 and we made some fun memories.
I am so glad my girls still want to hang out with me even as they hit their teen age years, now if their sister and my sister and Mom were just here it would have been the perfect girls afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Fun, Fun. 20 cents sounds like a good deal to me. It is nice when you find something like that. Makae loved to shop at DI. Have to find something similar in Colorado yet.

    I LOVE Cotton Candy. Good thing I can't get it very often. ;>

    ReplyDelete