Thursday, June 7, 2012

Our first visitor

My brother Clint came for a visit last weekend on his way to Bethel (also in Alaska), he was our first visitor so we were pretty excited to see him.  He arrived on a Saturday, so Rich, Staci, Conner and I (Cheyenne was spending the day with a friend) spent the day in Ancorage while we waited for his flight.  We did some shopping, stocked up on some stuff from Cosco and then took a nice hike in a park by the airport.  The great thing about parks here is they are full of trails so you can park and walk while enjoying the gorgeous scenery. 

Conner loved being out in the sunshine, the rest of us thought it was pretty nice as well.
After we picked up Clint we headed over to the Mooses tooth, the pizza place everyone had been raving about that we had wanted to try, it is popular, we had to wait 45 min for a table.  The pizza was very good but not really great, the price was a pleasant surprise, much less than we expected to pay.
I had a couple options for outing the next day, but Clint was exausted from the move and it was raining so he caught up on some sleep while the girls and I did some errands, then Clint and Richard headed out to find someplace to try out Richards new retirement gift (a new 45) and of course they had to take a shotgun for fun as well.
I worked on Monday while Clint ran errands picking up stuff he wanted to take with him and hung out with my girls, then Tuesday I took off work and the girls and I took him to the airpor.t and hit the mall for some shopping.
It was really great to have him here, and I love that he is only an hour plane ride away from me (there is no road to drive there) knowing he is close makes it seem like we are not so far away from everyone, because while we really really love it here, it is hard to be far from family.
We are looking forward to many more friends and family making their way up for a visit.

1 comment:

  1. How fun. Just invite your grandpa and Uncle Charlie. I am sure they will come. I would love to some day, but I know our next trip will be to Florida to Harry Potter World before Jace gets to big. He has loved everything Harry potter for years. He has a million wands, all of the robes, was Harry for 7 years for Halloween straight! Yep better go. I am glad family came. It is so nice to have them around!!!

    ReplyDelete