Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New House

I have been working so much lately that I am very behind on here.  Right before Christmas we moved to our new house.  We got pretty luckily we were moved to a brand new house, it was finished about a week before we moved in.  We were moved to a new neighborhood because our old house was being remodeled (it really needed it) we are now in senior NCO housing so out neighbors are all closer to the same rank as Richard, I don't care about rank, I have meet lots of wonderful people at all different ranks, but it was frustrating to know that all our neighbors were several levels below him, we all had the same house, housing takes all our BAQ so we were paying about 300 more a month for the same house.  With this housing we got some nice upgrades, the floor plans are the same but we have nicer tile, paint, molding, faucets, light fixtures, so it is a nice bonus especially for him after serving so many years.
The new house is only about 200 square feet larger but the floor plan makes it feel a lot bigger. 
I think my favorite part is that I have a formal living room and a family room, I like having one room that is not really used in the front of the house so it is always ready for unexpected visitors no matter what is going on in the rest of the house.
I am also pretty happy with having bigger bathrooms, especially in our room, our last one was so small when we were trying to get ready for work at the same time it was impossible, the garden tub and the laundry room being on the second floor where our laundry actually is ends up being a pretty nice bonus as well

1 comment:

  1. How nice. I love my FRONT ROOM. It is always clean, and not a problem when guest come. I know a lot of people think of it as wasted space, but I don't think so. I wish our laundry was closer to the rooms, but at least it's on the main floor and not the basement. We really need to remodel our bathrooms, they are pretty much the 70's they were when we moved in, with harvest gold, and avocado, fixtures, and cabinet tops and such.

    ReplyDelete