Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some Updates

I have not bloged for such a long time, to much going on I guess, but had a few spare minutes today and thought I would do some updates.  Staci graduated 5th grade and will start middle school next year, we went to her awards ceremony, she made the honor roll again with all A's and she also recieved the Presidents Gold Award for citizenship and grades, we were pretty proud of her, not very many kids recieved this so it was pretty special.
Right before Richard and I went to Ireland, (those pictures will be in a later post) we flew to Dallas to get our passports renewed/name changed, while we were waiting we walked over to see all the JFK stuff, neither of us had seen it before so was pretty interesting. 
This is the book depository, it is a museum now.Richard stood on the grassy knoll, there are two x's in the road to show where both shots were, the whole area is much smaller than I expected, but very interesting to see, there are several memorial gardens in this area as well, we wandered through, they have gorgeous fountains and flowers, it was a pretty peacful place considering it is right off the freeway and in the middle of town.

1 comment:

  1. I am not very familiar with all of the history surrounding JFK's death. I bet it is pretty interesting to be where all of it took place. I find whenever I travel to places I have this desire to learn all I can about the history of the place and important events and people etc. Maybe I should plan a trip to Texas so I can get up to date - Not however anytime soon. Heat, money, money, money...... yeah those are some pretty good reasons not to be going. Tell Stacy congratulations. How special for her to get so many awards for all of her efforts, and boy will it pay off in the long run.

    ReplyDelete